Monday, December 22, 2008

Storm Wrap Up

Yesterday afternoon when I took the pictures I used in the last post it looked like there was a lot of snow.

Then around 7:00pm I actually went outside.

There was nuttin' at 2:30pm. Nuttin'.

In preparation of the arrival of the snow blower, I went out to clean off the cars and shovel off the steps. The snow piled up in front of both cars was higher than the hoods. I had a strange moment while digging around the front of my car. I had shoveled a path to each driver's side door so that I could start the cars, then I cleaned them off, and finally dug a path around the front in case we needed to push them when the snow blower came. While digging in front of my car there was suddenly this bright light illuminating the snow around me. What the hell? Oh yeah... I had dug out a headlight. They were on, but buried under the drifts. That was odd.

At least I managed to get the back stairs shoveled out. I had neglected that after the first storm, but now it's passable again. I also managed to get to the trash barrel, which means we will be a part of the weekly Ashland Ave trash pick up. >whew<

At about 8:00pm Norman knocked on the door and asked if I wanted to give it a shot. I was game. Jen's car got stuck twice getting out of the driveway, but I was able to rock it loose both times. My car just blew right over the snow. Norman cleaned off the whole driveway, including the snowbanks along the sides. Thanks Norman.

Today, however, we discovered the real victims of the storm (at least from our driveway's perspective): Windshield Wipers. Both of mine have been destroyed. Chunks of plastic have been cracked off, and the rubber is all but gone. Jen's wipers are still in good shape, but her washer vent is frozen shut. She drove to Salem and back this morning and it never opened up. I'm not sure how to fix that problem. Hopefully it's just frozen and not broken.

Also, hopefully, this is the last time I am going to have to talk about this damn one-two punch of a snowstorm. Screw Winter, I'm ready for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment