Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Letters to Cleo Goodness and Happiness

Monday's show was fan-freakin'-tastic.

Tuesday's show is a little more than four hours away.

I can't really write an objective review, as I was too busy wallowing in the nostalgia. I guess the questions one might ask are, Are they better or worse than they were the last time I saw them nine years ago.

Were they better? Probably not. They used to put on a whale of a show, and last night was no different. Are they worse? Definitely not. It lived up to all of the expectations. It was one mother of a great show.

I've seen Kay's solo band (which includes USA Mike and Joe Klompus) more times than I can remember, but it never had the charge that Cleo had. It was never bad, just never quite the same. Last night that charge, that spark, that whatever cliche you want to call it, was back. I had forgotten how much I missed it.

Tonight... show number two. I can't wait.

And in closing, two of the billion and a half pictures I took that I have yet to have to time to sort through.



No comments:

Post a Comment