Friday, December 19, 2008

Morning Routine - Shot to Hell

So the forecast is getting more ominous. Jen just read me the storm warning message from weather.com and they have upped the expected accumulation to 3-5 inches tonight after 2-4 this afternoon. They have also lengthened the warning from having it end at midnight to having it end at 3:00am.

Jen and I are both working from home today. Normally I would have left for work 15 minutes ago, but instead I'm sitting here typing this to the two of you. I don't have the kind of job where I can show up whenever, work my 8.5 hours and then leave. I have to be on from 9:00am to 5:30pm. So I sit here. I will log in early and get a jump on things, but this just suddenly seems too early. And this is after we both slept late. Weird.

This storm is making me wonder... I have lived in New England my whole life. Last year we got pummeled with large storms on at least a weekly basis. Today they are forecasting about a foot of snow. My question... my pondering... my curiosity is... why is this a big deal? It's a foot of snow. It's not a dusting, it's a real accumulation... but it's only a foot of snow. The entire Merrimack Valley was in a panic last night over this. I realize there is often overreaction over the first storm of the season, but get a friggin' grip people. There was no need for a 6 mile gridlock on route 114 in North Andover and Lawrence last night. It's snow: act like New Englanders and freakin' deal with it.

Rant over.

Have a Good Day

No comments:

Post a Comment