Saturday, February 13, 2010

ROBBED!

The Olympic rumors screwed us! Where the hell was Rush last night! Robbed! Gypped! Screwed Over!

Still, it was a pretty good show as far as opening ceremonies are concerned. The whales were the best part. Now all I can say is bring on the hockey tournament!

Today we are going to a birthday party. A zeroth birthday party. Larry and Nawal had a baby about a month ago and they are having this birthday party instead of a baby shower. I think it's a great idea. Any excuse to hang with a new born is good for me, but I especially like this idea.

Oh, and did I mention I walked into my mother's house last night and my niece looked up at me and said, "Rob!"? Yeah, she did. Not long after that she walked over to me and gave me an unsolicited hug. Not long after that she called Jen by name. Happiest Aunt and Uncle in the world? Could be!

After blowing off RPM for a full week I got up early today and cranked out the shells of two new songs. One of them is a stupid little two chord jobber that popped into my head complete just after I woke up. That is what I call a good sign.

Our van has been operating without an inspection sticker for 13 days. It has also been sans registration sticker. The registration was due to me putting the sticker on when the last one expired only to have it fall off. It didn't stick. Today however, with the help of a little crazy glue, it is on the plate where it should be. I don't have an excuse for the inspection, but I took care of that today too.

It's only noon and I've already done 100 things. Is that what being a grown up is about? Not too, too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment