Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday Snow

It's going to snow today. Here is weather.com's forecast for the town of Framingham for the next six hours:
Snow will fall at varying intensities. Some of the snow will fall heavily especially by noon. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the low 30s. Winds NE at 15 to 20 mph. Snowfall of 1 to 2 inches through 3pm.


Oh. Good.

I went to the WCVB website to see what they are showing for their forecast for the Boston area and they have a very swanky looking page set up with images for the next five days that you can embed in other pages...

(you know I can't resist an embed)


Not a very impressive embed after all, is it.

Unfortunately they didn't leave enough room on the page to show the actual text forecast for today. Half of it is buried underneath a Flash advertisement. Nice going dickwads.

Heading on over to the WBZ Radio website we get a little more information, although you have to click through four or five links before you get the actual forecast. The images with the snow coming out of the clouds are nice and all, but on a day like today what we really want is the predicted snow fall amounts. When snow is the top story I shouldn't have to click through a multitude of links to get that information. It should be displayed prominently right on the home page. But that's just me.

Day
High: 35°F RealFeel®: 29°F
Becoming windier; a little snow at times this morning followed by wet snow this afternoon, 3-6"

Night
Low: 25°F RealFeel®: 4°F
Cloudy and windy with snow tapering off, accumulating an additional 1-3 inches


So the Boston area (based on WBZ) can expect about 4-9 inches of snow today. We're North of Boston and the "experts" are saying the further North you go the worse it will be. Of course my work is a whole lot closer to Boston than my home, so my commute might be exciting.

At least while suffering through the storm on my journey home to my loving wife and step kids I will be able to take heart in the fact that the Bruins have won two consecutive games. After losing 10 in a row, two straight wins feels like a big deal. It feels like we're on the brink of the cup! (we're not)

Here are the highlights:


We had the game on the tele last night but I muted it when we started working on our C# goofiness. Did I mention I used the framework Jen set up to display data read from a database on a web page and then enter new data onto said web page and store it back into the database? Did I mention that that is wicked cool?

Anyway, if you're like me and were dumb enough to go to work today please drive safe (and don't hit me). If you are sitting at home please don't be a dolt like me: Stay at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment