Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow... Again! Or is it: Snow... Again?

Remember a week or so ago when I posted a bunch of things about the killer snow storm we were getting that turned out to be less than a dusting?

It may be happening again. The weather powers that be were predicting a snow storm for us last night. We saw reports of 4-6 inches for our region from most sources, but from at least one we saw 7-11 inches predicted as well. It was supposed to start late last night and bomb us all day today.

Jen asked me to get up a little earlier so I could shovel the 7 inches of snow off the driveway so we could get to work. I did. I was up at about 5:50 or so (early, but not RPM Challenge early... again) and I looked out the window to see...

Nuttin.

Not a single flake.

The car parked in the street in front of our house did have a ticket on it which means for the first time in the nearly two years we've lived at our current address the city police enforced the winter on-street parking ban. That was nice.

As for snow though? None.

I checked the weather reports and the snow that was supposed to start around midnight was now supposed to start at about 8:00am. While driving to work at a little past 7:00am it did in fact start to snow. By the time I got to work at a little past 8:00 it was in fact sticking. By the time I stopped listening to the second to last chapter in the last Harry Potter novel (almost done!) the snow was still coming, but the sticking had stopped.

Now three hours later the snow is still falling but there are spots on the balcony outside my window that are literally melting.

I am not going to jump the gun and jinx anything, but it sure does look similar to the events of that recent snow storm that wasn't. I'm not the kind of person who bashes weather forecasters, but if you blow something like this twice in a month you probably deserve to be smacked in the face with a fish or something.

Still, I would rather them be wrong by predicting snow that doesn't come then the other way around. Here's hoping they continue to be wrong about this one!

In other, more exciting, news: The Men's Olympic Ice Hockey Tournament begins today at the Vancouver Olympics!

This is from the schedule I've posted a couple of times:

Tuesday, Feb 16
---------------
Switzerland @ United States 3:00 PM ET
Norway @ Canada 7:30 PM ET
Latvia @ Russia 11:59 PM ET

I am hoping I will be able to find a radio station carrying the USA game at 3:00.

If the snow does come and I get sent home early (not likely at this point) I am running into the house and putting on my old USA Hockey Jersey.

USA!
USA!
USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment