Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thursday Is Not Thursday

Today is Thursday. Thursday February 18, 2010 to be exact. (can you believe it's really 2010? I can't!)

But it is not actually Thursday, it is really Friday. At least it is for my lovely wife and I. We both have tomorrow off of work. Vacation days!

We had planned on a weekend in New York as a slightly belated Valentine's gift to ourselves, but later scrapped the plans in favor of staying home and spending the money more wisely. (BAH!) We didn't cancel the plans until after we had put in for the vacation time, so the result is my babie and I staying home together on a Friday.

I need all of you who read this to take a moment to send massive amounts of feel-good, positive vibes to my sweet, lovely, amazing wife Jennifer. She has something going on at work today and I want her to go into it full to the brim with confidence.

As for the day off tomorrow, it's just the tip of the ice berg for Robbie. I also took Monday and Tuesday of next week off. I had planned on using those two days for songwriting/recording/RPM Challenge purposes. I still plan to, but I've sort of run out of steam on the project this year. I'm still sitting on 5 unfinished songs and I haven't done any work since the weekend, despite having a day off this past Monday. I'll get there though. My beautiful, talented wife did some writing this week so the least I can do is push through some more music. Besides, my alonetone account has had just over 950 song hits. Posting a batch of new tunes might be enough to sucker folks into pushing me over 1000!

After writing up the bit on Jeff Beck that I posted yesterday evening I have been in a British Blues Guitar Holy Trinity mood. By Holy Trinity I, obviously, mean Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page. I put together a play list on my iPod with my favorite Clapton records (Cream's Disreali Gears and the studio half of Wheels of Fire, and Derek and the Domino's Layla as well as a few other single songs from other various places), my favorite Beck albums (Truth, Rough and Ready, Blow By Blow, and Who Else, again along with a few extra cuts here and there), and my favorite Led Zeppelin records (II, IV, Houses of the Holy, and the requisite random other songs), and then a small smattering of Yardbirds songs featuring all three of them. Turn on the shuffle by songs function, hit play, regress back to my 17 year old self trying to figure out what the hell they were doing on my old (long ago stolen) Gibson Les Paul Deluxe.

Jeff Beck is indeed coming to Boston in April. He's playing at the venue formerly known as Harborlights but it's a Thursday night. Thursdays are kid nights. I won't be seeing him this time. Someday, if it's meant to be... but not this tour. Sorry Jeff.

And now for yet another whiplash inducing subject change: Team USA is playing Norway today at 3:00. I set the DVR before I left the house this morning so please, please, please don't tell me what happens. Okay? I appreciate that. I want to watch it tonight and pretend it's live. Thanks again.

USA
USA
USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment