Tuesday, February 1, 2011

ARGH!!!!

Again.

AGAIN!!!!

I just cleared a good 6-7 inches of snow off of most of the driveway. I got to leave work early due to the weather. I punched out at 3:16 and, with the exception of one stop for $50 in gas and a coca~cola, came home.

I pulled into the driveway at about 5:50.

Let me rephrase that... I got stuck at the end of the driveway at about 5:50. I got about 90% of the van off the street when the car wouldn't go any more. I tried to back out and park on the street and I couldn't go backward any more either.

I ran into the house, changed out of my work clothes, grabbed a shovel, and started digging out the front wheels. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for the wonder that is front wheel drive. I had to rock it a couple of times, but it came unstuck without much trouble. I packed it on the side of the road and started digging out the barrels.

Today is trash pick up on our street and the barrels were buried by the plows. Once the barrels were out of the way I broke out the snow blower. Thank you a million times to my in-laws, Charlotte and Sherman for the snow blower. At the time I thought it was the nicest thing anyone had ever done for us, but after all the use it's had in the last few weeks I'd say it was a priceless gift. Thank you again.

Most of the driveway is clear. I didn't kill myself on it as we are getting another foot or two tonight. (I haven't checked the weather for tonight since early this morning so I don't know if the forecast has changed, but whatever it is it is sure to suck)

I then dug out the fire hydrant. The snow banks are so high that the path gets a little narrower each time. If a member of the Methuen Fire Department should be required to use this hydrant (let's all hope that doesn't happen) then he'll be able to get to it even if he's as fat as I am. If, however, he is as fat as I am (which is really fat, let's be honest) he will have to walk sideways. Sorry about that.

In closing let me say this: I want to find the person who wrote the song, "Let it Snow" and kick him in the balls. Really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment