Friday, February 11, 2011

Some Progress

After failing to get anything done when I had a ton of time on Tuesday, and then failing on Wednesday and Thursday morning, I made a bit of musical progress.

After the kids went to bed last night Jen was still working like a woman on fire. She said she was going to need about an hour to finish up the task she was working on so I went downstairs and fired up the 8-track.

Crappy song number seven is long and slow and probably way too boring to ever amount to anything outside of an album-in-a-month type of deal. When I had my drum program/scratch guitar down on tape there was only about two and a half minutes worth of time left before the tape ran out. So I figured I'd throw together a quick one. Crappy song number eight is about one minute long and is really fast. It's sort of the opposite of crappy song number seven.

Who cares, it's there.

This weekend I need to get two more songs kicked off. I'm only a couple of minutes short of the 35 minute goal, but I'd like to reach the 10 song goal as well. Then next Monday through Thursday I need to get at least the bass parts recorded, if not the electric rhythm guitars as well. (I hope to sneak some acoustic parts on a few of these songs. I say that every year and it never happens, so we'll see.) That way I will be clear for a full day of lyrics and melodies on Friday. I took the day off specifically to work on the project.

I can feel my motivation coming back... a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment