Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, Again

My dislike for Mondays is epic.  Endless.  Eternal.  Also other words that convey vastness, many of which probably start with "E".

Today is my mother's birthday.  The team of doctors say she is in full remission, and I think that's a pretty sweet birthday present.  Wish my mother a happy birthday, would ya please?

I have a question for my legion of readers.  My wife has a bad back.  I don't know of anything that I can do that can relieve her pain.  Every time it gets bad all I can do is ask her if she wants some aspirin, or ask her to sit in the one chair in our house that has really strong back support.  Outside of that I am of no use to her at all, other than to be a gopher, which I gladly do.  Do any of you have any home remedies, ancient Chinese secrets, or tips handed down through the generations for easing major back pain?  Leave a comment and I am sure we'll give it a shot.

The Red Sox won last night.  The lead in the wild card is one game.  Their magic number is three and they have three games left.  They play the lowly Baltimore Orioles who beat them three times last week.  Tampa Bay plays the Yankees who will probably tank in order to help keep the Red Sox out of the post season.  We are still in the driver's seat, and can still clinch the wild card without having to rely on any other team... but given their pathetic play this month, to say that they are hanging on by the skin of their teeth is a vast overstatement.  Some might call the overstatement epic.  Endless.  Eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment