Friday, September 23, 2011

Overcome with Sadness

Well it's happened.

It was inevitable, of course, but I still did not want to see it come.

Today is the first day of Autumn.  Fall has arrived and Summer has departed. 

Crud.

I said it before, I have nothing against Fall.  Fall is fine and dandy.  The colors, the holidays, the MLB playoffs and the start of the NHL season.  These are all things to be happy about.

But still it sucks.  I love Summer.  Everything is possible in Summer.  Everything is alive and vital in Summer.  In Fall everything is dying and ominously foreshadowing Winter.  Hell, one of the biggest Fall attractions here in New England is celebrating billions of dead leaves.  How depressing is that?

No offense, Autumn, but I wish you would stay away this year.  Let's give Fall and Winter a miss and jump right back to Spring.

Crud.

No comments:

Post a Comment