Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Summer's End

I'm in one of those listen-to-audio-books-while-driving-to-and-from-work phases.  Lately it's been a string of Stephen King books that I read ages ago and are deserving of a re-read.

Right now it is Insomnia (although it's hard for me to imagine that I just mentioned having read a book that was published in the 90's as having been read "ages ago") and just a few minutes ago Stephen King perfectly described my feelings on the summer of 2011.

I tried to force myself to memorize the exact quote as I was driving, but I already forget most of it.  Let me see how close I can get:

Summer came to an end as it usually does in Maine, almost unnoticed.

 I can't remember if that's correct, but that's the gist of it.  Change the word Maine to Massachusetts and you have this summer summed up perfectly.  Back in June it arrived to great applause and anticipation.  Then I blinked once and the leaves had started turning.

Crud.

No comments:

Post a Comment