Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Driving + Taking Pictures = Difficult

Yesterday I was driving home from work and I came up with what may be the nerdiest idea for a picture post yet. I would keep my phone in one hand, with the camera on, and take a picture of anyone I saw along the road who wasn't in a car. Walking, running, biking, standing in a parking lot, pumping gas, doing yard work, anything.

Neat idea, right? Sort of a street view/photo walk type thing with the only catch being I was moving at about 40 miles per hour the whole time.

It's not as easy as you might think. Here are a few examples of the results.

Is that the steering wheel? Wooops


I timed this one perfectly. Look at that wonderful front bicycle tire.


There is probably some one on the other side of the car... or that thing that looks almost like a car. It might actually be the best picture ever, assuming I caught the car just as it entered warp. (Star Trek reference of the day)


I think I am just stupid enough to try this one again. Not today though.

My cousin has season tickets to the Red Sox. (lucky stiff!) As a wedding present he gave Jen and me two tickets to tonight's game. Unfortunately I am both a fat ass and super tall. I don't actually fit into my cousin's seats. Besides, we are on a major debt reducing kick right now and with it being the end of the month we are pretty much broke. So we thought it would be nice to give the tickets to my nephew for his 1st birthday. He in turn gave them to his parents. Seeing how generous the one year old was, Jen and I decided to offer to baby sit.

That was before the Red Sox announced that they are going to retire Hall of Fame Member Jim Rice's number 14 at tonight's game. Damn, I wish I was shorter and thinner. (no I don't... I don't wish I was shorter)

So Lisa and Ken are going to go to the Red Sox game tonight while Jen and I babysit our nephew. I am a die hard Red Sox fanatic who became a fan during Jim Rice's prime and will always consider him one of my favorite players... and it seems like a fair trade to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment