Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The impending disaster looms closer

I refer to the imminent sort of reunion of Break Even.

Last night was the second and final rehearsal. Was that pressure we were feeling last night? Can't be, we never felt pressure when we were playing in bars, how could we feel pressure when playing in the guitar player's back yard?

I think the set list will be 12 songs. Steve's step son will play drums on 6 of them... I think, Steve's daughter will play on one other, and Jeff will play the rest. Also, Jeff's soon-to-be-step-son will play guitar on one song, but we haven't practiced with him.

My playing is garbage, utter garbage. Why should things be different? I got caught up in the fun last week and tried to play as fast and crazy as I could and basically ended up falling all over myself. Last night I tried to just spin out little melodies and ended up either repeating myself endlessly or falling all over myself. I suck. Really I do.

Practice #1 was chock full of train wrecks. Last night we managed to avoid a few of them but still had a few. Saturday we're going to have to deal with some. I think it's inevitable. I'm not complaining, it's still going to be fun.

We're only playing two original songs. I shouldn't give anything away, but I will. This is one of the original songs we're going to play.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment