Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Impending Disaster

Tonight some, or possibly all... I don't know, of my old band Break Even will be getting together to rehearse a few old songs in preparation for playing a party at Steve the guitar player's house on the 11th.

I changed my strings last night and packed up all of my equipment. I got up early and practiced a little. We have a handful of songs picked out and I needed to relearn them after 4+ years of not playing any of them.

I used to record our shows with my obsolete, ancient, stone age, 8-track and had a ton of MP3 files including just about every song we ever learned. I planned to dig through those files to have a copy of our arrangement of each song I need to learn.

Of course all of those files were on the external hard drive that died on me a couple of months ago.

Uh oh.

Looks like Robbie is going to be winging it a little bit tonight. I brought my little tape recorder with me so I can tape a run through of each song tonight. That way I can practice along with it. Hopefully tonight doesn't end up being the only practice we get.

Of course we used to pull off shows when we were embarrassingly under-rehearsed in the past, and we got paid for those... so this party will be cake. No problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment