Friday, July 10, 2009

Gig Jitters

Back when I was playing regularly I would never feel the gig jitters 24 hours before a show. I'd feel excited and I'd be wanting it to get here so I could play. I wouldn't get the jitters until just before show time. Probably the minute I walked into the bar.

This time it's different though. It's not a bar. It's a party at Steve's house. No one is going to care how we do. It's just for fun. There is no pressure, we're just going to enjoy it. That being said, the gig jitters have arrived. I'm honestly nervous and I still have a whole day.

I need to change the strings on my Les Paul, find the sound hole pick up, tune my 12-string down to Eb (yikes!), see if I can play Steve's song "Turn Away" on the 12-string, grab the different pieces of my two guitar stand, get my haircut (unrelated, of course, but still necessary), start cleaning out the kid's play room (also unrelated but necessary), and feed my wife some sushi.

It's Gig Jitter Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment