Friday, September 25, 2009

The Fire Alarm Just Went Off

So the fire alarms just went off. As is usually the case here we all waited about five minutes before deciding to go outside. They test the alarms so often that generally speaking the alarms are not a sign of danger, they are a sign of maintenance.

This morning when I left for work it was cold outside. I park close enough to the building that I can just scoot in without being affected by the weather too much so I left my coat in the car. A fire alarm however would require me to be out in the cold waiting for permission to go back inside. I wondered, while sitting at my desk, if I went outside I was going to be cold. If I stayed inside I would be nice and warm. Toasty warm. Very warm. Well done. ahhhhh

Then I went outside. The wind hit me and I went to my car to get my coat. I then walked back to the front of the building where the throng of fellow co-workers were waiting. There I learned something distressing. The sun is very warm today. The breeze is cold, but the sun is warn. Had I just stayed in the sun I wouldn't have needed the coat.

Damn you fire alarm for messing with me. Damn you.

It was, of course, a false alarm.

Luckily. Even if I did look like a stooge wearing a coat.

Stupid fire alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment