Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hospitals Suck

We have been married for 109 days.

On Tuesday Jen spoke to her doctor about some symptoms she'd been having off and on over the last few days. Her doctor suggested going to the emergency room to have a few tests run. The tests all came back negative (excellent) but they still wanted to admit her over night and run a couple more tests Wednesday morning.

I left work at 11ish and sped (literally... I drive too fast even when I'm not trying to get to my wife while she's in the hospital) to her side. I had to leave a little before 3:00 to get some stuff for her (see the previous post) and then I had to leave again at about 6:30 because we thought of one thing we'd missed the first time.

Visiting hours end at 8:00. She didn't have another patient in her room so her nurse told us I could probably stay a little after that. I didn't end up leaving until 9:00.

I remember when Linda McCartney died, Sir Paul said that over the entire course of their marriage there had only been one night that he and his wife spent apart. That was the night he spent in a Japanese jail for possession of marijuana. Outside of that they were always together.

Personally I find that to be beautiful. I very much wanted to someday in the distant future be able to say something similar about my marriage.

And after just over three months our streak is broken. It's nothing to be upset about. The tests are necessary and they will show what we already know; there is nothing wrong with Jen. But...

Tonight is the first night of our marriage that we are separated. Really it's the first night since I unofficially moved into her apartment in Salem about a year and a half ago.

I hate it. I miss her so much. I am going to call in to work tomorrow so I can be there for her when she is discharged. Visiting hours don't start until noon. I don't have to go to bed at a decent hour tonight. I am tired but I know I won't be able to sleep much if at all without her with me so I have popped on a blu ray (and am going to pop in a second one as soon as I post this) and am just going to sit here missing her and if I fall asleep that's fine, if I don't that's fine too.

I love my wife very much and I miss her terribly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment