Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Flowers

Follow the trail of the flowers.

This morning I felt one of those urges to make a cutesy display of my
love for Jen. I went to 1800flowers.com and ordered a dozen roses for
my sweetie.

I scheduled the delivery for today with the destination as her
office. Ten minutes later she told me she had to leave the office to
go home and meet our landlord for something.

I immediately called to have the destination address changed. I waded
through 100 voice options and read off my huge confirmation number
only to be told that my order wouldn't be in their system for an hour.

As soon as I hung up I got the your-order-is-in-our-system email
(grrrrr). So I brought it up and tried to edit it. Nope, can't do
that. So I went to the FAQ and found the email address to send order
help requests to and gave the old address and the new address.

I figured I'd have to wait for them to get back to me. In the
meantime Jen called to tell me she was not going home but instead she
was going to the hospital.

She had had a few pains over the weekend and today called her doctor
about it. He told her to go to the ER and have some tests.

I warped out of work and forgot about the flowers. Unexpectedly she
was admitted for the night. She is fine, they just want to run
another test in the morning.

After she was moved to her own room I went home to get her some
supplies and the flowers were on the porch.

After loading up on books and iPod parapenalia I put the huge
bouquette of flowers into the car and brought them to her.

Those are some well travelled roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment