Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why Only Two Days?

Weekends need to be longer. Two days is not enough. Last night we went to dinner with some friends, Mike and Tammy and their daughter and Maria and Roman and their soon-to-be-baby-who-is-about-four-weeks-away-from-being-born.

Mike is taking a new job in a couple of weeks. He is going to work four 10 hour days and then get three day weekends. I'm kinda jealous.

Today is going to be quiet. Jen has to do some work and I have to do lots of laundry and a few errands. Last night was great, today will be too. Just a different kind of great.

Yesterday we finished off another complete (so far) television series on DVD. We watched the last (so far) episode of Scrubs. Now we need a new television show that is out on DVD to obsess over. We have a bunch of years worth of Smallville, which Jen really likes. We have the full run of The X-Files, which I really like. We also have everything available so far of South Park which we both really like. To top that off, we haven't watched the two most recent South Park Seasons on DVD. I think we'll start there and see what happens. I generally do not like television, but watching shows commercial free at my leisure takes some of the lame out of it. We've watched start to finish two sitcoms recently, Friends and Scrubs. They are both shows I avoided when they were on the air, but I liked them both on DVD. Maybe TV doesn't suck as bad as I thought it did.

Okay, off to do laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment