Wednesday, September 30, 2009

PAIN!

This one's going to be as random as the last one...

Well, I have reached the point of just wanting my bad teeth (two, maybe three) pulled the hell outa my head. Nothing seems to beat the pain at this point. I've had a couple of days now where the best it gets is a dull ache mixed with periods of pure hell fire. I can live with it for a while, but it's messing with sleep. Sunday I slept very little due to paranoia. Monday we were out a little bit later than normal. Last night I couldn't sleep when I tried even though I was exhausted to the core of my soul.

I'm an optimist now (thanks to my lovely wife who I am absolutely, ridiculously in love with) so I am sure today will be better. I'm just really tired and a little edgy.

No Google Wave beta tester invite yet.

I have been using the new facebook lite instead of the normal every day facebook. I really didn't see anything about it that was all that special, it was just new and different. Until now, that is. I went onto facebook proper and my entire news feed was taken up with friend's announcements from farmville and mafia wars and what not. I like playing mafia wars (on myspace, generally) but I don't feel the need to broadcast announcements to all of my friends every time I do something. Those kinds of application based posts are not displayed on facebook lite. That means I miss out on surveys which I sometimes take because they can be fun or funny, but it also means I get to see my friends actual status updates without scrolling through three pages to do it. Sorta like twitter. (gasp!)

I didn't notice this until I looked at my stats this morning, but I topped the 7,000 public image milestone on Flickr this weekend. Thanks to the Rochester Fair. I had hoped (sillyishly) to top the 10,000 image mark (public, private, and restricted combined) by the end of the summer. I didn't make it. I went over 8,300 though. Proof of just how much of a nerd I am. HA! Suck it non-nerds!

The Google Wave beta tester invites are supposed to be coming out in two minutes. I casually glance at my email... nuttin'. (I don't know why I even want this. I don't do much instant messaging anymore except with my wife during those sad times we are not sitting next to each other. I guess it's just nerd points. I want to look at the lesser nerds around me and say, "well I was a Wave beta tester" and look down my nose accordingly.

The Boston Red Sox are in the playoffs again. I think that is six times in the last seven years. Congratulations to my once woefully awful but in the 21st century dominant home town baseball team. Of course, they have lost their last five games in a row and only managed to clinch because the team chasing them for the wild card is proving to be just as inept as they are. Texas lost to the Angels last night after we had lost to Toronto. (We lost to Toronto again!!!) Still, it doesn't really matter how you get into the post season, it just matters that you get in. When the playoffs start there will be eight teams with an equal chance of winning it all. I am 100% behind my Red Sox, god bless them, but in what feels like a bad memory coming back to haunt me yet again I really don't expect anyone to beat the Yankees. I am going to root like hell against them, as is my duty as a loyal Bostonian, but I think they have the team to take it all this year. That is depressing. Go Red Sox!

I just tried loading Google Calendar and it is down. Hmmm... Google having issues... is it Wave related somehow? Are their servers getting hammered or something? hmmmm (no, I don't think they are related. Google is a giant and I will not doubt them. They are a glorious collection of perfectly placed 1's and 0's that I hope will someday topple the Microsoft Monopoly (well, maybe not topple... I like a lot of MS stuff, despite my CS degree, and I don't want them to go away... I would just like a little more of a level playing field and more honest competition that results in more awesomely ass kicking software for nerds like me to drool over) and bring the wonders of open sourced goodness to the masses.) It's 10:10... still no Wave invite. >insert sad face here<

Today is the last day of September (more on that in a minute) which means tomorrow is the start of October. That is important for three reasons. First, my niece is about to have her first birthday. More cake smooshing pictures to take. I love it. I love her. I can't wait for the party this weekend. Second, Halloween fun. No spook houses this year, unless the kids beg... and they won't... not yet... not for another year or two I think. It means costumes and candy and silliness. I love it. I have always like Halloween, but now that I've spent the last two of them seeing them through the eyes of two amazing kids I like it even more. The third reason, and the real reason I broached the subject, is opening night for the Boston Bruins. They are opening up against Alex Ovetchkin and the Washington Capitals. After the pain of last season's play off ouster at the hands of the fricken Whalers I am really anxious for some pay back. I want that cup this year. I want it bad! Go Bruins.

Speaking of today being the last day of September. It is the 30th, which means it's our Monthiversary. Happy 0.33 years of marriage Jenny. I love you more and more each day. My only want or need in this life is to make you happy. At least as happy as you make me. I love you sweetie.

And with that... I am ending this one on the best note possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment