Monday, January 25, 2010

Bruins Blues

I actually watched 2/3 of yesterday's game. I wish I hadn't. It was painful. I was about to put it on at the start of the game when I was called away to a wonderful roast beef dinner that my beloved Jennifer had made for us. I didn't get back to the tube until just after the start of the second period.

Jen was in the living room and told me I might not want to put the game on. I sat down, prepared for the worst, and turned it on. She said, "They're losing 2-0" just as the screen popped on to show me that no, they were actually losing 3-0.

Losing 3-0 early in the 2nd period against the team with the worst record in the entire NHL.

Final score? 5-1. Chances of the Bruins finishing this week in 13th place when they were in 5th about a week ago? Really, really good.

The collapse has been complete. Injuries have been a part of it, but I think the major reason is that they just suck. They are getting embarrassed at every turn. When the Canes scored their fourth goal not one but two Bruins had fallen down at their offensive blue line allowing the Whalers to skate right in and score at their leisure. That's the kinda stretch they're in. Tripping over themselves in their attempts to stop sucking.

The Hurricanes scored five goals and Dennis Wideman was on the ice for all of them. Let me rephrase, DEFENSEMAN Dennis Wideman was on the ice for all of them. He has played like garbage all season. So much so that last week his head coach called him out by name to the press. If I were in the Bruins front office I would have demanded that Peter Chiarelli trade him by sunup today. However, a quick perusal of the Boston newspaper sites and a twitter search show no such things. (although I'm not the only twitter user begging to see him traded away.)

I want the team we had last year back. At least I want their ability to win games back. It has been a pretty heavy suckfest since day one this year and the time needed to right the ship slips away more and more with each blow out loss.

Is it time for the Olympic break yet?

Go Bruins?

No comments:

Post a Comment