Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Green

Yup, it's bleeding-heart-liberal-pats-himself-on-the-back-for-doing-something-politically-correct time!

You love this segment, I know you do.

Jen and I have carpooled to work the last two days. We can't do it any other day this week because it would cause the kids being in their after school program until about 7:00pm and that's too late.

Still, we're feeling all green and happy and good.

Actually I am not feeling green at all. Yes I do consider myself a monster liberal, but I didn't carpool for the environment's sake. I did it for two reasons. First and foremost it lets me spend an extra 45-60 minutes with my wife each morning. Even if all we're doing is bitching about the crappy traffic reports on WBZ. Second, it saves us a couple of bucks on gas. Reducing pollution is just an added bonus.

Now, what would be really good for the Earth would be for the freakin' Bruins to start winning games again. Three losses in a row. Savard, Bergeron, Ference, and Stuart all out with injuries. To put it into Star Wars terms, it's a dark time for the rebellion.

On yet another totally unrelated note, I have reached book 5 of the Harry Potter series of books on tape. When I started listening to the first book, read by Jim Dale... at least I think that's his name... Leave a comment if I'm wrong, I did a huge double take as he pronounced the name of the bad guy as if it had a silent "t" at the end: Voldermort sounded like Voldermore. In the films they pronounce the "t" at the end of the name, and I had always read them that way. But this reader did not and it always sounded wrong to me.

Today, after dropping off my love at her office, I listened to the last 10-15 minutes of book 4, The Goblet of Fire, and started chapter 1 of book 5, The Order of the Phoenix. I did another double take when Jim Dale (I think) suddenly pronounced the "t"! Voldermore became Voldermort again. I don't recall the timeline, but I believe the first film came out after the forth book... which means he changed his pronunciation to match that of the film. Interesting, eh?

Now I have to get a few chapters in to see if Gryffindor stops being pronounced Gryffenduh and the "uh" becomes an "or" again.

It's official, this is the most fascinating blog post you guys have ever read.

You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment