Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nothing Interesting

Today is another one of those nothing-interesting-in-my-head mornings.

Did you know that in C# strings are references, but they don't behave like references? If you have a reference and give it a value, then set a second reference to equal the first, and then change the value of the second, the value of the first changes too. Not strings though. When you change the value of a string it doesn't overwrite the string in memory, it creates a new one at a different location. So a second string referencing the one you changed will not change with it. They overloaded a method somewhere in the string class to keep it from acting like a normal reference. Nice of them, eh?

I remembered another dream. This makes three in the last week or so! This time I was at my 10th high school reunion, which is odd for two reasons. First, I didn't go to my 10th reunion. Second, I just had my 20th reunion and didn't go to that one either. Another odd thing was, in my dream, the 10th was held at some one's house. I was telling everyone that I was a professional musician. (so this isn't a dream per say, it's a fantasy?) I was talking to the guy who had been my best friend during my early elementary school days. I told him I could play any instrument known to man. The only ones I wasn't completely proficient at were double reed instruments like oboes and bassoons. I seemed to be nervous about that. I hinted that I was supposed to be recording a difficult oboe concerto and I wasn't good enough to pull it off. My former elementary school friend said, "You can play wind instruments?" (obviously he's a big fan of my guitar playing) and I responded by saying, "Dude, I've been playing saxophone since the 4th grade. That's a wind instrument." Then I woke up.

All this dream remembering is fascinating to me and, I can imagine, boring as sin to anyone who stumbles upon it. Oh well, sorry.

Jenny just re-registered our mini van. It's legal for 2010! Now I have to get that damn break light fixed and get it inspected. Yippee, eh?

My company's email server apparently has crashed. I am just a wealth of fascinating stuff today!

The Bruins play tomorrow. Please please please please please please please let the suckatude be over. Please!

The RPM Challenge begins in four days. I have no idea what to do. I need to hit a music store this weekend and get a few packs of guitar strings. I also need to put one of those packs of strings onto my ES335 (the guitar of choice this year. Last year it was the Les Paul Custom). I need to go into the cellar and organize my work space. It's a total mess. That's what happens when you don't use your recording equipment for a year. I have to get all of my cables together, clean out a little room to sit while I work. I also need to plug stuff in and hope it's still functioning.

I was going to try to use Apple's Garageband on Jen's MacBook, but now we are thinking of selling the MacBook and I don't want to start this on it unless I can finish it. I am going to have to dig out a couple of SVHS tapes from my stash. Hopefully I have a couple that don't have any must-be-saved recordings on them. I may end up recording over last year's RPM project.

I have no idea what I want to do (who am I kidding, it's going to sound exactly the same as last year's. 7-8 cheesy rock riffs and a couple of 12-bar blues') but I am getting excited for Monday morning. It's going to be fun. Lame, of course, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment