Friday, January 22, 2010

Glasses Free Update

So I left the house for work today without my reading glasses. It has made it a little difficult for me today, but not terrible.

Back story: I have been wearing reading glasses since I was in the seventh grade... Let's say somewhere around 1984. Oddly, my lens prescription has barely changed at all during the intervening 100 years. My eyes are not that bad. I can read fine without my specs on, but keeping things in focus is kind of hard work and they get tired very easily. After a while things do get seriously blurred. Worse than that, after struggling through the blur for a while I will get a headache and that can suck quite a bit.

My eyes have felt tired pretty much since I sat down at my desk this morning, but it wasn't until about 1:00 that I started needing to fight blur. Here we are at nearly 4:00 and I am still doing okay and there is no sign of a headache yet.

Keep those fingers crossed.

Now... I need comments for this part... what should Jen and I do this weekend? We are hoping to meet Nawal and Larry's baby at some point but other than that we have no plans. Give us ideas.

Also, our hypothetical valentine's getaway to New York City is off the table. We need things-to-do-for-valentine's ideas now as well.

Your input will be appreciated. Even you, reader from Sweden who keeps hitting me via Google while searching for "How tall is Ginger Baker."

And now, to quote Christopher Walken in that ping pong movie, I bid you toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment