Friday, January 29, 2010

Now I Remember

Now I remember what I was going to say two posts ago. I wish I still forgot though.

I have noticed something disturbing.

The mirror in the men's room near my desk has a very bright light right above it. It has the ability to very clearly point out certain discolorations in my greater headial area.

In English: Robbie's going gray.

I would say that about a year ago I first started clearly seeing a change. I was still probably 95% red hair to about 5% gray. Today, however, the change sort of hit me. I usually don't notice things like this but for some reason it stood out today. Now I would say it's probably more like 85% red... maybe closer to 80% red. I may still be overly optimistic here, but there sure does seem to be a whole boat load more gray these days.

I can't imagine my life without red hair. It has defined me for so very long (no it hasn't, I just like to pretend it has). I have to come to grips with the fact that there will come a day... soon by the look of things... when I will no longer be able to accurately describe myself as a red head.

How does that make me feel?

I'm okay with it. Why? Because I have 1,125 wedding pictures where I very clearly have red hair. Now that my wedding, and my wedding pictures, are behind me my hair can really do whatever it pleases.

Just so long as it doesn't fall out.

No comments:

Post a Comment