Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Looking Back at Us

I read an article today that included a number of pictures of Earth taken from great distances. A couple from the moon, one from a probe traveling to Mars, one from Mercury, and one from Saturn.

I will now repost the pictures because the NASA nerd in me thinks they are unbelievably awesome. After that I will post a link to the actual article.

Enjoy

This is what the Earth and the Moon look like from somewhere like Mercury.


See that very faint blue dot in between the two very faint outer rings? I hope you said cheese when they snapped that.


This is what we look like when you blast off toward Mars and take a second to look back over your shoulder.


Remember this old Apollo shot?


Here's the updated version, from Japan's lunar orbiter.


Now read the article and check out the awesome images again.

Enjoy, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment