Thursday, August 19, 2010

P&S Drama

On Saturday we asked the sellers for a couple of provisions.
On Monday they sent us their draft of the purchase and sales agreement.
On Wednesday we sent them our draft of the purchase and sales agreement, which was theirs plus a couple of edits we asked our lawyer to make.
Today they sent us back what they said was the final purchase and sales agreement, with the provisions and our edits factored in.

Nope.

What they really sent us was page 1 of our document with the provisions added in, and the rest of it was their original document. Either they (and by they I refer to the seller's representatives, not the sellers themselves) are incompetent or they are trying to fuck us.

My optimistic side says they are incompetent. Unfortunately my optimistic side only represents 0.68% of my conscious mind. The rest of me thinks they are trying to pull one over on us... and our lawyer... and our agent... and our banker... so maybe my optimistic side is right?

I don't know.

I just want to buy the damn house.

No comments:

Post a Comment