Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Camerabag Retest

I did a test post looooong ago where I took a few pictures with my old iPhone, ran them through the camerabag app, and posted them to see if I'd like them.

Now that I have a new iPhone with a much swankier camera, I thought I'd retest.










Or at least start to, and then get distracted and stop. Typical.



ADDENDUM:
I thought I'd link to the old post I referenced above, only to discover that it was actually a couple of different posts I was thinking of. There were two where I played with camerabag to test it out, and another one where I took a bunch of Concord Center pictures and processed them in Camerabag. That's the one I was thinking of when I started this thing, but I was confusing it with the other two.

This one was a Camerabag test.
This one was a similar Camerabag test.
This one was the actual post I was remembering when I took the pictures above.

The downside is that Camerabag still thinks it's dealing with the small file sized images it had on the 3G. Now the iPhone 4 has much, much higher resolutions, but the processed images are dropped way down to a much, much lower resolution. At least they are in the few filters I used today.

Example:
The full resolution on this file is 2592 x 1936:
photo

The full resolution on this processed version (using the Helga filter) is 800 x 800:
photo

Quite a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment