Thursday, August 5, 2010

Okay, One More Tonight

I'm reading Bill Bruford's autobiography these days, which naturally makes me want to listen to him playing the drums. It's King Crimson tonight. Here are the results of a few minutes putzing around youtube.

Indiscipline - Leave it to television to lose Robert Fripp in the mix, and did Adrien Belew ever have hair?


Improvising in Central Park in 1973. This is what King Crimson is to me. There are so many different versions of the band, and I love the original band, and I love the 80's Discipline band, but this is where it's at for me. Fripp/Bruford/Wheton/Cross.


Starless. Or at least the second have of it. Is the sync off by exactly one beat? I actually got yelled at by my mother because of this song. I was trying to play along with it once when I was a teenager. My amp was probably way, way, way too loud, and as you can tell by the beginning of this clip Fripp gets a tad... how shall I put this nicely... repetitive. It drove my whole household nuts. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment