Monday, August 9, 2010

Sun and Teeth

Weirdness.

Yesterday we went to an empty parking lot to let the kids ride their bikes. It was sunny, it was hot. I put on a significant amount of sunscreen and then Jen and I sat on our cool camp chairs and watched the show, giving them occasional "missions" like ride all the way to the other end of the lot and back without stopping (turning around has been an issue).

After a short while everyone but me needed to go to the bathroom, so they all walked over to the nearest open building and did their thing. I took the opportunity to lather on another dose of SPF 1,000,000,000. We were outside for about two hours before calling it a ride and packing up.

When I got home later that night I noticed that my knees... my twice heavily sunscreened... knees were bright red and pretty badly sunburned. Figures. That is the down side of being a red head... a daywalker if you will... I get burned no matter what I do.

Fast forward to about 12:30 this morning. I had a pretty bad dream. I dreamed that all the teeth on the right side of my mouth fell out. All at once. One minute they were there, the next minute they were in a pile in my hand. Pretty disturbing. I woke up with a tooth ache on the right side of my mouth. Hmmm... do dreams come true? Hopefully not, but was that dream an actual omen? Probably not. The tooth ache was gone when I got up this morning. Strange stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment