Friday, October 7, 2011

Baseball Division Series Ends

So close to a perfect round for me.

The final pitch of the 2011 Division series round was just thrown in Philadelphia, and the Cardinals have some how managed to eliminate the team with the four aces in the rotation.

Wow!

The Brewers eliminated the Diamondbacks earlier tonight, and just a few minutes ago the Cardinals did the nearly impossible and eliminated the Phillies.

How the hell did that happen?

Let's recap my first round picks. I picked Texas and Texas won. I picked Detroit and Detroit won. I picked Milwaukee and Milwaukee won. I picked Philadelphia and the best team in the league ruined my shot at a perfect round and lost.

I didn't think St. Louis had a prayer.

So here are my second round picks...

In the American League Championship Series between the Texas Rangers and the Detroit Tigers I pick Texas. They made it to the World Series last year, and I don't see them not making it again this year.

In the National League Championship Series between the Milwaukee Brewers and the St. Louis Cardinals I am going with my gut and picking the Cardinals. You don't beat a four ace team and not ride that the whole way.

To sum up, I'm predicting (well, actually just hoping for) a Rangers vs Cardinals World Series.

Bring on round two!

No comments:

Post a Comment