Saturday, October 29, 2011

This Sucks

October 29, 2011:

Heavy wet snow, two brown outs so far tonight. The wind howling through the trees out back. Obnoxious people doing a lot of yelling at what sounds like a storm party somewhere nearby. Paranoia at every bump as we wait for the pre-Halloween storm to take away our electricity (I just read a Facebook post from our mayor stating that as of 9:00pm tonight, about 80 minutes ago, there were 270,000 Massachusetts residents without power). All of this piled on top of the weather keeping us from going to see my friend Jeff's new band play in Lowell tonight.

What I'm trying to say is, this storm just sucks ass.

Although, I did get to visit my folks today as I went to their house to pull a 3,000 pound air conditioner out of their window, and Jen and I got to visit Larry and Nawal and their son, who was very shy at first but then very sociable, because Larry needed help with a car issue, and Jen cooked a fantastic chicken piccata dish for dinner, and I played around with asp.net a little before my beautiful bride and I sacked out on the couch with a movie.

So I guess what I mean to say is that the storm totally blows, but everything else today has been pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment