Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Forgot One Positive Vibe Request

Wooops, I forgot one.  I asked for happy thoughts to be sent to my wife, my niece and her parents, and my mother.  I forgot one.  I forgot our cellar window.

Twice this month we have had water in our basement after some heavy rain.  The point of entry is a window on the side of the house.  It's closed, but apparently it doesn't seal very well because when the rain is heavy and falling the right way (I guess) it comes in.

We're supposed to get some rain over the next couple of days.  Out of paranoia and fear of having to use the wet vac again I tried to take some minor precautions (okay, I should have caulked the crap out of the window by now by I haven't.  I might look into putting in a storm window, but I haven't done that either).  I put some towels on the window sill on the inside.  Probably useless, but maybe they will soak up some of the water should it find it's way in.  Second, I put some wood and cardboard and plastic against the window on the outside.  Hopefully they will keep the water away from the leaky seal.  Hopefully.  Please send some happy thoughts to our cellar window in the hopes that it can keep the rain water out.

Good luck, window!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment