Saturday, June 23, 2012

Living in the Future

I love this whole living in the future thing.  Today I installed Parallels onto my Mac.  I then installed Windows 7 into Parallels.  I then installed a 3rd party VPN client that the company I work for uses and connected to their network.  I then remote desktop connected to the Windows machine sitting on my desk at work.

So I was sitting in Methuen at a Mac, running Windows 7 on a Compaq computer that sits on a desk in Framingham via a network that is set up in Westwood.

If I was actually working from home I could have then used the remote desktop program on my work computer to connect to other machines on various customers networks all over North America.

As I write this I have shut all of that stuff off and I'm just running my Mac on our home network.  It seems so simple now.  Yeah, living in the future kind of rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment