Thursday, May 14, 2009

Break Even?

(note: the bruins/whalers game seven is tied at two after three. we're in the pre-overtime intermission. i am very close to having total heart failure and trying to do something to slightly distract myself. go bruins! please win it please win it please win it)

My father sent me an email today while I was at work. My fellow Break Even guitar playing alumn Steve Wyka called looking for me. Dad took his number and emailed it to me. I was planning on calling him tonight during the Bruins game.

Jen and I decided that I should try and get refitted for my wedding tux. Supposedly I have lost a little weight and the tux I was measured for might be a little big on me now. We decided to go to MW Tux at the Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem, NH to see if my gut had shrunk at all.

We walk in the door and turn the corner into MW Tux and I hear, "Rob?"

It was Steve Wyka. What are the chances of that? I haven't talked to him since June of 2007. Almost two years. He called my old house looking for me today and then randomly ran into me tonight. Kinda freaky when you think of it.

He asked me what I was doing on July 11, 2009.

He's having a party that night.

Photobucket

What could he have possibly wanted? I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment