Monday, May 18, 2009

Cameras

Yesterday Jen and I went out shopping for Blu Rays (Quantum of Solace & The Godfather Trilogy remasters) and DVDs (Shindler's List & Futurama: Bender's Game) and took a few minutes to look at digital cameras and camcorders.

We're trying to decide if we want to get a camcorder for the honeymoon. It's a good idea, but we have two digital cameras that take decent video already. Jen then said something to me that has had me thinking all day. She said, with all the money she spent on the dress it would be okay for me to go out and get a new camera.

I have two digital cameras (as previously stated 10 seconds ago). The older one was purchased in 2005 when I got my first raise. It is a Kodak Z740 Zoom with 5 megapixels and a 10x optical zoom. I LOVE IT. I have never gotten better pictures in my life. It is wonderful. The lens is just outrageously awesome. I even took some time to learn to use the manual settings and have taken some great shots with it. I just love that camera.

The second camera is a Casio EX-S10. Jen bought it for me as an engagement present. We were planning to see Rush a couple of times that summer and I had said I would like a camera that was small enough to sneak into an arena to take some shots with. This one is only slightly bigger than a credit card. It is perfect for what I wanted. It takes 10 megapixel images and has a 3x optical zoom. It's great. The pictures aren't quite as clear and crisp as the Kodak. The lense is smaller and cheaper, but I have taken some great shots with it. I love it too.

I have no real need for another camera. I will take them both on the honeymoon and use the Kodak almost exclusively, but will definitely find times when the Casio is preferable. Honestly, I don't really want another camera. I can use my Kodak for anything.

But...

If Jen really wants me to get another camera. (hehe) It couldn't hurt to maybe do some online browsing, could it? Naw, there's nothing wrong with just looking around.


Canon - Powershot 10.0-Megapixel Digital Camera (see also here): Yeah, that's right. 10 megapixels and a 20x optical zoom. Holy Cow. That puppy looks kewl, don't it?

I haven't even gotten to the SLRs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment