Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday

The plan for tonight was to pick up the tuxes and bring them to my parents' house. That changed when MWTux sent me an email yesterday saying my tux was ready to be picked up. Not everyone's was ready, so we still have to go back to get a certain Junior Groomsman's. Hopefully this afternoon.

Jen and I are both having trouble sleeping. There's so much going on we have a hard time shutting down. Jen was awake around 4:00 this morning and got out of bed way early to reorganize our packing situation. Hopefully we'll tire ourselves out enough tonight to get a good night sleep. I doubt either or us will sleep much at all on Friday night.

One of Jen's worst fears for our wedding appears to be coming true. Game one of the Stanley Cup Finals is Saturday May 30th. I tried to reassure her that it wouldn't start until after the reception and I was right. It's at 8:00. I haven't watched a game since the Whalercanes destroyed the universe by beating the Bruins in overtime of game seven. Tuesday night the Penguins completed a four game sweep of those same Whalers. Bruins Nation thanks you for wiping the evil ones from the face of the playoffs. Thank you Penguins. Last night Detroit finished off Chicago in five games. That means the Stanley Cup Finals are a rematch of last year's final. I would like to see the Penguins win it this year.

The plan for tonight is grab the tuxes and some items for the rehearsal dinner and bring them over to my parents' house. Then Jen and the kids and I will probably go out to eat and then head home for a quiet night and an early bed time.

Two days to go.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment