Wednesday, October 6, 2010

MLB Division Series Predictions

Okay... so two of the series already have a game in the books, but let's pretend that isn't the case and that I am getting this in on time.

Okay?

Okay.

Strange, I played little league from age 8 through 15. In that time I played for the following teams.
Phillies
Twins
Reds
Browns/Orioles
Giants

Later when my brother was 8 or 9 I acted as score keeper for the Rangers.

Of those teams, all but the Orioles (the team formerly known as the St Louis Browns) are in the post season this year. Almost like I predicted this playoff when I was a kid!

All of that little league stuff basically means that I really don't know who to pick.

Yankees vs Twins:
I pick the Twins. Not because they are going to win (they aren't, let's be honest) but because they are not the Yankees. A massive reduction in the time I've spent following baseball this year has done nothing to lessen my complete hatred of the Yankees. In other words: Go Twinkies!

Devil Rays vs Rangers:
Notice how I used the name "Devil Rays" and not the official name "Rays". Why? Because I think changing the name to Rays is about as retarded as the Washington Bullets changing their name to Wizards and the UMass Lowell Chiefs changing their name to the River Hawks. I honestly don't like either of these teams. I sort of hate the Rangers less because they aren't an American League East team that squeezed my Red Sox out of the post season. Go Rangers.

Braves vs Giants:
The Giants have the pitching to win. The Braves have... what? The Braves have something to prove. After 500 years of consecutive post season appearances with very little in the way of post season success to show for it, I think the Braves getting kicked back to Earth for a while might have pissed them off enough to give them whatever they were missing for most of those 500 years. The Giants are the better team, but I am picking the Braves. Go Braves.

Funny, I am probably going to be wrong with all of my picks. If you're going to Vegas make sure you pick the opposite of what I say.

Reds vs Phillies:
The Phillies are going to win the world series. I really want to pick the Reds. I miss having the Reds as a power in the National League and would like to see them restored to their former greatness, but let's be honest... have you seen the Philadelphia starting rotation? Phillies win it all. Go Phillies.

There you have it. My (mostly wrong... about 75% wrong, I'd guess) predictions for the major league baseball division series.

Go Twinkies!

No comments:

Post a Comment