Monday, October 4, 2010

Traffic Reports

I used to listen to WBZ radio's traffic reports on the way to work. At some point along the way I stopped listening to WBZ radio's traffic reports on the way to work.

Today I forgot exactly why I stopped and listened again.

Oh, now I remember. I stopped listening because it's not accurate!

They reported route 495 South being slow between routes 114 and 93. My wife had just ridden South on route 93 and said it was colossally awful. WBZ radio disagreed. I trust Jen over anyone or anything so I risked 495.

Well... it was slow between 114 and 93. I think a better adjective than "slow" would have been "stopped" but that's just me. What they failed to mention was the gridlock prior to the double decker bridge in Lawrence, and the small tidbit of a factoid that the 114 to 93 jam was actually more like 114 to Woburn Street (at least).

Check a map. You'll understand why that little tidbit of info might have come in handy. It took me two hours to get to work today. I was 15 minutes late. If I had known the truth about 495 I would have found another way. Thank you so much WBZ radio's traffic report. Thank you oh so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment