Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mr Blog

Oh my goodness, am I lame or what?

Today marks another uber nerd anniversary.  Three years ago today I made the first post on this blog.  (it has since been moved to the private page because it mentions the kids by name)

Three solid years of insufferable, pointless, blathering idiocy.  Yeah.  Three whole fricken years of this stupidity.  The only thing dumber than that is that there hasn't been a single day during that time period when I have failed to post something.  That's 1095 days of dumbassitude.

Is it any wonder that no one reads this crap?  (I do appear to have a small number of somewhat regular readers.  Most of them are family members and real life friends.  Hi family members and real life friends!  I see two regular hits on site meter that I have yet to match a human to.  I have a guess on one, but can't say for sure, and have no clue on the other.  The little hit counter at the bottom of the page links to a summary of visitors that includes a location for most hits.  Unfortunately the location is actually the point where the local network hits the internet.  I am in Framingham right now, but the summary says I am far, far away.  When I hit the page from home it usually says Methuen, but sometimes Verizon monkeys with their network and I show as North Andover or Lawrence.  I can sometimes guess who the hits belong to, but often I don't have a clue.)

So wish my bloggie a happy bloggie birthday.

In other, unrelated news:  This weekend is going to be crazy busy.  We have the regular Saturday kids events, followed by Mike and Tammy's daughter's birthday party.  On Sunday we have the annual dead relatives tour where a bunch of family members get together and visit the graves of my grandparents and aunts and uncles, and then we all go out to lunch together.  As I say every year, it sounds morbid but it is far from it.  It's always a good time.  It's a celebration of those we love who are no longer with us, and those we love who are still, thankfully, around.  After that it's the first meeting of what hopefully will become a new band.  I have no calluses on my fingers, so it's going to be painful.  I'm looking forward to all of the events we have planned this weekend.  I still have half a house to clean, and those leaves in the front yard ain't picking themselves up, and we're hosting Thanksgiving next week, but I am really happy to have so much stuff going on.  It's hectic as hell, but it sure beats the alternative.  Well... once in a while it beats the alternative.  I still love a slow, quiet weekend at home with my family.  I guess I'm just still not 100% used to actually having a life.  I love it, and it's all Jen's fault. 

That's the other thing I'd like to take the time to state publicly.  I love Jen.  I am crazy about her.  She means everything to me.  Her and the kids letting me into their lives the way they have is the single greatest gift that I have ever received.  When Thanksgiving day comes and I tell everyone that the thing I am most thankful for this year is Jen and the kids, it's not me being uncreative, or not taking the time to think of something original, it is the complete and total honest truth.

1 comment:

  1. For the record, I'd like to state unequivocally that your blog(s) are NOT "dumbassness" -- or whatever the term was. I'm one of those hits you get every day, and I look forward to reading your daily posts.

    And Happy Birthday, Mr. Blog! And many more!

    P.S. As Jennifer's mom, I appreciate that last paragraph!

    ReplyDelete