Monday, November 14, 2011

Weekend Update

So how about that weekend, huh?  It's one big blur now, but it was a much needed break.

On Friday I got to spend the day with the kids.  We went to Jen's office to take her to lunch and much to our happiness she came home with us and worked from home.  So we got to (sort of) spend the day with Mom too!  We took the kids back to their Dad's and got to see their new house.  The official move took place this weekend.  The kids took us through every room and showed us all of the things they helped with.  They have been doing a great job helping their father and step mother set up the new house.  Later Jen and I took care of our itch to go out to a place where there was music and we went to New England Seafood in Methuen, where they have live music on the weekends.  We just hung out and listened and danced a little (I can only slow dance, even to fast songs.  I think my wife was a little embarrassed).

On Saturday we went to my parents' to invite them to Thanksgiving dinner.  We hung out for a while and got caught up on all the goings on.  It was a nice visit.  After that we spoke to Jen's mother and invited them to Thanksgiving too.  Jen's mother and step father have recently become owners of a pair of iPhone 4S.  Jen and I are still thinking about upgrading.  I'm all for it as the button on my iPhone 4 is a tad on the twitchy side.  It still takes a couple of weeks to order them though as the demand still massively outweighs the supply.  On Saturday night we went back to New England Seafood where the crowd was much smaller, and the band took a little more time hitting their stride, but once they did they were excellent.

Oh yeah, and in between all of that I was sending a flurry of Facebook messages out trying to get people to start a new band with me.  It looks like Sunday will be the first meet up.  I need to get a list of songs that Steve and I used to play out to Mike and Kevin, and I need to check out the myspace page of the singer that Steve knows... even though I'm 99% sure I've listened to it in the past.  Then I need to PRACTICE and get some new cables and batteries and all that good stuff.  Oh, and don't forget to change the strings on the Les Paul!

On Monday Jen and I both had to do some working from home.  I also managed to do something I rarely do, and even more rarely do successfully.  I went clothes shopping... for myself.  My business casual clothes are all old and starting to disintegrate so I went to a fat guy store and a department store with a fat guy section and got some clothes.  When I showed my purchases to Jen this morning she didn't laugh.  Either I didn't buy anything ridiculous, or she was really good at holding the laughter in.

Today I took the morning off to go with the kids to their first day of school in their new town.  They were waffling between scared, nervous, and excited over the last week or so.  Today it was mostly excitement.  I was hoping Jen and I would get to meet their teachers, but we only got to meet some of the office staff. 

Now the long weekend is over and I'm back at work.  Thanksgiving is next week though, and another four day weekend is on tap.  I'm ready, right now.  Right.  Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment