Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rock in the Cellar

I just wrote a longish, happy post about tonight's inaugural band get together, but the effing blog app I used crashed before it could save. Piss. Me. Off.

So Mike, Steve, Kevin and I got together in my cellar tonight and jammed. None of us really knew anything that anyone else might have known, so we did a lot of random noodling on easy, well known riffs. Among them was "Working Man". We also managed to get all the way through two or three songs, which was difficult without a singer. We managed though. Among those songs was "2112: The Temples of Syrinx". No other band that I've ever played with ever gave any piece of 2112 a shot, but we did all right.

We will play together again next week. You know, I haven't really played with a band in about six years. I had forgotten just how much fun it is. Even when the band sucks out loud, and we certainly did, it is more fun than words can describe.

I had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment