Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Go Bruins!

The Bruins lead the series three games to none over Montreal. Tonight is game four. I honestly expected the Canadiens to take one of their two home games, but after the way the Bruins weathered their furious first period attack, and then dominated the third period... I think we may be seeing the brooms come out at the Bell Centre tonight. I'm not being over confident. I am being cautiously optimistic again. It sure would be nice though.

Go Bruins!

I have been so wrapped up in the Bruins series that I haven't been paying all that much attention to the other teams. I've watched Philly and Pittsburgh a couple of times because that seems to be all Versus will let us see. Why doesn't the NHL television network carry any games? That's absurd. They should be picking up Canadian broadcasts. I've also caught a few minutes of Vancouver/St. Louis here and there, and a little bit of Rangers/Capitals.

Vancouver became the first team to advance last night by completing the sweep over St. Louis. That was my pick for a big upset... I picked wrong. Figures. I should never root against Lock Monster Hero Roberto Luongo.

I think the San Jose Sharks just hate me. It's nice to see that the best team in the NHL finally won a friggin' game. They lost the first two at home to Anaheim but took the first game on the road last night. Nice of them, eh? I guess the masters of choke have held off the decicive verdit for another couple of days at least.

Carolina vs. New Jersey looks like the series to watch this round. Two overtime games already, and two wins a piece. It's funny that the last parent team of the Lowell Lock Monsters is playing the parent team of the team that replaced them, the Lowell Devils. Do I root for Cam Ward and Ryan Bayda or do I root for Dave Clarkson? It's a connundrum to say the least. I just wish Versus would give us one of the damn games so we could join in the fun.

Like I said, I've been able to see a bit of the Philly vs Penguins series and there have been some happy moments of on ice violence. Much like the Bruins/Canadiens series, these two teams just don't like each other at all and it is showing clearly. I can't see Philly coming back from being down three games to one, but I am hoping for at least one more Philly win so they can keep bashing the hell out of each other, softening Pittsburgh up for a possible future match up with the Bruins.

I'm also not sure of the New York vs Washington series. Do I want the ferocious offense of Alex Ovetchkin and the Capitals to advance, taking their weak #1 goalie and unproven #2 goalie (who has taken over as the starter)? Or do I want the Rangers and their utter lack of offense to advance, taking their monsterourly unbeatable goalie with them? Decisions, decisions. I just hope the Bruins advance, and I would greatly prefer it happen tonight. My fingers are crossed.

Go Bruins.

Speaking of Washington, we booked a night time trolley tour of the monuments for our DC honeymoon stop. We also requested a tour through the office of Senator Ted Kennedy, and actually booked a tour through the office of Representative Nikki Tsongas. We're waiting to see what Uncle Teddy gives us before we decided which one to do. Sadly we won't be entering the White House this time as tours have to be booked at least two months in advance, and they require groups of at least 10 people. That kinda sucks, but given the security issues of today's society, I sort of almost understand. Still sucks though.

Speaking of security, I have been trying to set up automatic payments for my credit card. I logged into my online account to check something out today and got stopped with a message saying my account might have been comprimised. A new account has been opened for me and the old account will be transfered into it. Yippee. I called and they assured me it was a security break in the database of a company I've done business with in the past that caused it. It wasn't my account specifically, and it wasn't their database. That's nice to know. It sucks, but I'm glad they caught it.

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment