Friday, April 3, 2009

Progress Everywhere

Lots of cool stuff happening in the last 24 hours.

We now have received nine RSVPs. People actually want to go to our wedding. We've also had one partial decline (a three person family where two won't be able to make it) but the reason for the decline is so good that no one (including the declinee) has any business being upset about it.

Major RPM (extended) news. All 10 songs have been recorded. All of the tracking is complete. Now on to mixing, which is the part I enjoy the least. The optimist in me says two songs a morning each day next week and I have the music posted to alonetone.com by the weekend. The realist in me says some time before the wedding. That's 57 days from now.

Reminder: All 10 songs suck. The music sucks, the lyrics suck, and each individual instrumental performance (including voices) suck. Just so you know.

Good hockey news. My free yahoo how-big-of-a-geek-can-you-be fantasy hockey team now leads the final series 6-3. I'm nervous that my opponent has yet to have a goalie play. He has both Florida Panthers goalies in his line up tonight. If one of them should play stellar he could steal a few points from me. Let's hope Atlanta kicks the crap out of the Panthers tonight... sadly though that's a lot to ask of the lowly Thrashers.

Speaking of goalies who play on my fantasy team, the Boston Bruins are expected to announce a contract extension for Tim Thomas today. Well deserved. Tim, as I have often said in these pages, is the Man and I am very glad to see the Bruins management agrees.

The B's won their 50th game of the year last night by beating Ottawa. It seems my hockey prognostication skills (see the old myspace blog over the last two playoff years) are still in fine form. I won a twitter contest put on by Hub Hockey to guess which Bruin would score first and when it would happen. I picked Lucic in the third minute of the second period. I win a t-shirt. I need to figure out where to have them send it. I pretty much rule, I guess.

I added a couple of camera apps to my iPhone yesterday and had a few minutes to play with them. Camerabag simulates different types of cameras. It seems cool. I haven't played with it enough to really find a favorite setting though.

The other app is Pano and that one has been tested a little. I got a free panoramic picture app the other day called PanOlab. It was tough to use and the results were a little crappy. Pano seems a lot better. You don't have to do the stitching yourself, and it gives you the right corner of the previous image to let you line it up on the fly. Also it seems to do a little software work cleaning up the seams. I need to play with it more to know for sure, but I think I like it.

I mobile posted one shot from each app yesterday, but here are two more tests of Pano. Click on the image to see the full size file. Whaddaya think?

This is the intersection between route 2 and route 126 in Concord, MA:


This is the Border Cafe's parking lot. (sorry 'bout that weight watchers)


I can't see any obvious seams. I think this app might just be a winner.

Tonight is a special night for Jen and me. Tonight we are going out to celebrate our second date-iversary. Our first date was Thursday April 5, 2007. We have the kids on Sunday so we can't celebrate it just the two of us then. The kids are going to meet their future step mother on Saturday (and they are wicked excited) so we'll have them Saturday night after the big meet up is over. That means their dad is taking them for us tonight and we are going to go to dinner and a movie. Just a simple night out together to celebrate our first date. I love Jennifer and I can't wait to marry her so we can start celebrating that anniversary too.

There was something else... I forget what it was... so you'll probably be getting more later.

Until then.......

No comments:

Post a Comment