Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day and Honeymoon Planning

First off, HAPPY TAX DAY to the U.S.A.!

My father and my brother are both tax accountants. Today is a magical day for them. It's the day they get their lives back. From basically late January through mid April they spend every waking moment preparing other people's taxes. They work their asses off, they stress like you wouldn't believe. They miss out on a lot of friends and family time. But today it's over. Today is the day they rejoin society. Welcome back guys!

On to other news. Yesterday Jen asked me if I would mind if we altered the honeymoon plans a bit. The plan at that point was to go from the wedding to a b&b in Woodstock, VT. Then after a couple of nights drive to Gettysburg, PA and get our civil war history geek groove on. (did I just say "get our groove on?") Then after a couple of days go to Washington, DC and get our government town history geek groove on. (did I just do it again? Shoot me!). Then after almost a week we'd mosey on home and spend almost a week just being with each other and relaxing.

Not anymore. We've filled up the second week. We're going to San Diego, CA. I hear they've got internet in Californy. The only definite San Diego plan is to go to the zoo. After that it's all open. Today Jen asked me if I'd be interested in hitting a Padres game. Or a Dodgers game. Or an Angels game. Or all of the above. Last week we talked about going to an Orioles game or a Nationals game while we were in DC. How sick would it be if we went to five major league games in five different cities. It could be the baseball honeymoon dream trip! I don't care what we do at any stop on the honeymoon so long as we do it together. If we're together it'll be a complete blast.

Now for what will be a nearly constant blog topic for the next couple of months. The NHL playoffs. The first round starts tonight. I plan to torture the kids by forcing them to watch the Philly vs Pittsburgh game on Versus. Tonight Jen is on call so she will be up very late. I will stay up with her and catch some of the St. Louis vs Vancouver game, also on Versus. I don't know if the NHL network will be carrying any games (they freakin' better!) but hopefully I'll be able to catch some of the Carolina vs New Jersey and NY Rangers vs Washington games as well.

Tonight we are rooting for Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Carolina, and Washington. The real game is on tomorrow though when my beloved Boston Bruins face off against the vile, evil, scumbag, child molesting, devil worshiping, cousin pokin' Montreal Canadiens. You can guess who I want to win in that matchup.

I am hoping that the Bruins will defeat said cousin pokin' Montreal in four games without suffering any injuries to any players. The other seven series I am hoping will go seven games each and every top line skater, top defense pairing, and starting goaltender will suffer season ending injuries. I want to make it as easy as possible for my Bruins to take the cup this year.

That'll do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment