Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Still going...

So the Bruins clinched the East the other day. Home ice advantage for up to three playoff rounds is guaranteed. It's nice, but the last time they had that Montreal bounced them in the first round. I am excited about the playoffs, but cautiously so.

Looks like The Man aka Tim Thomas got himself a nice juicy new contract. Congrats, it is definitely well deserved. The Bruins wouldn't be where they are today without The Man in their net.

I misread the fantasy hockey league schedule over at the free yahoo games. I made it into the finals and after seven days had a 5-4 lead. I thought I won, until I realized the last weel's game actually lasts two weeks. So one day into the second week of this matchup, I still lead 5-4. I need Sydney Crosby to score 12 goals tonight.

Today is opening day part deux for the Boston Red Sox. Yesterday the opener was rained out. We're hoping for better luck today and so far it looks good. We're also hoping for a less disappointing end to this season. They look good on paper, but maybe not as good as the last couple of years. I hope in the long term we don't end up missing Manny, and I hope that Big Papi, Jason Bay, JD Drew, Mike Lowell, Youk, and Dustin Pedroia, can make us forget about the fruit loop who used to play in left field. I am also confident that Jason Veritek will have a decent year. Much better than last year, but just being an average joe would be a big improvement. I think he can do it.

Hmmmm... what else. What else is going on in the world today.

Oh yeah, we rejected the latest counter offer and sent another one back.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment