Friday, April 24, 2009

Thursday was a Good Day

We'll start with the hockey update today, okay? Okay.

Four games last night. Detroit completed their sweep of Columbus. My predictions for the first round now stand at two correct and one incorrect. (stupid St Louis.) New Jersey beat Carolina to take a three games to two lead. Philly agreed to my request that they win at least one more game before losing to Pittsburgh. I will make the same request again and ask them to push the series to the seventh game before losing. We all know they are going to lose, right? Right? Finally, it is true. The San Jose Sharks just plain hate me. The Presidents trophy winners are now down three games to one against a number eight seed. It's friggin' embarrassing. How dare they suck this bad in the playoffs. No, let me rephrase... how dare they suck this bad in the playoffs again. There is only one game tonight and we will see if the Capitals are going to lie down and die and let the New York Rangers upset them. New York's goalie Heinrick Lundqvist scares me, but I still would much rather see the seventh seeded Rangers than the Hurricanes or the Penguins in the first round.

Go Bruins!

Last night Jen and I went to the mall and checked off another big item from our pre-wedding to-do list. (I love hyphens.) I can't say what it is, but suffice to say we can now have the rehearsal dinner.

Saturday is going to be a busy day. We have our first t-ball practice of the season in the morning, then we are helping my big sister move all of her stuff out of her condo. She hasn't been living there since she got married. It's taken a while and a lot of hard work, but she finally seems to have a buyer for it. The closing date is coming soon so on Saturday we are cleaning everything out of it. Afterwards we are supposed to head to my parent's house for dinner. I'm not sure how much of each thing we will be able to do. We might be without Jen for the moving as she has to work for a while. If she does help out with the move we might have to skip dinner. Either way I will be helping with the move so there will be at least one huge guy who once was known for being freakishly strong... that was a long time ago... but maybe I can channel my distant past UPS employee self and take care of the heavy stuff.

We found another one last night. Another one of them. Damn bugs. He was a small one and I carried out his sentense with extreme prejudice. Jen was awesome. She kept her cool and guided me to the little bastard so I could squash him to jelly. Gotcha ya little shit!

Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment