Friday, March 5, 2010

Fun Science Geeky Site

Check out this site...

Did you check it out? I found out about this on the Bad Astronomer blog. You use this to design and model your own solar system.

Ya know, nothing major. Just intelligent design and stuff. Although in my case it's not very intelligent. I keep plugging in numbers that get one of the four bodies either obliterated or kicked out of the system in the first orbit.

However... not to toot my own horn... but I had one with four bodies that ran for about 400 seconds before one of them was booted out of my solar system. That's a whole boat load of orbits. (of course the guy who got booted had an orbit that was really erratic, but at least it was going in something that vaguely resembled an ellipse.)

I guess that makes me god of my own little solar system.

No comments:

Post a Comment