Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Much Better

This morning I drove Jen to work so I had to go a little bit out of the normal path, but not much. We skipped Shawsheen Street in Tewksbury and got stuck behind a train on East Street. Chalk that one up to bad luck. Route 20 in Wayland is still closed so I went part of the way along yesterday's horrible detour, but before the traffic stopped I turned onto Rice Road and took that to Route 30. Now I know another way to cross from 20 to 30. I've had to do that a couple of times due to snow storms. Hopefully I won't have to do it again.

Last night I was a little worried about Jen having to drive in the little car. I offered to pick her up and she accepted. We figured we'd go out to dinner and wait out the worst of the traffic. As you can probably guess we ended up at The Border Cafe. Not without a little excitement though as route 62 was closed right near the restaurant. We had to detour around it. The detour took us to Middlesex Turnpike. We took a right turn to get back to the Border. That was lucky for us because the road was closed to the left.

So to sum up the situation from our personal perspective, our drives to work are a little longer than normal. That's it. The storm hasn't affected us in any other way. Our basement was bone dry last night when we got home. I wanted to check it this morning but I left in a hurry and didn't get a chance to. It was dry when the rain stopped, I am hopeful that it is still dry now. I have some family and friends whose basements are flooded right now. Hopefully the sun will dry things up outside so that the water they pump out doesn't come back in. Also, let's hope there isn't any real damage. Stuff can be replaced but damage to the foundation is hard to fix.

Keep your fingers crossed and stay dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment